If you are looking for some creative ways to grow your e-commerce sales, go for a blog!
Blogging is not just for sharing your expertise or experiences. You can leverage a blog to communicate with your potential buyers and provide information about your products.
In this blog post, we’ve shared the 6 best ways to use your blog and grow your e-commerce sales.
But before that, let’s understand first why you should have a blog section on your e-commerce store.
Below are some of the major benefits of using a blog on your e-commerce store:
- Your blog can help you to establish your brand as an authority and as an industry leader.
- Your blog can bring quality traffic to your website if used correctly.
- You can use your blog to talk about your products.
- You can use your blog to run promotions & offers.
- You can let your audience participate in your blog posts by posting comments.
Now that we know the benefits of blogging, let’s have a look at some of the best ways to maintain & run a blog efficiently.
Let’s dive in.
#1 Show recommended products
You can try to monetize each post on your blog by showing the list of recommended products that are relevant to your topic.
For example, if you run a fashion e-commerce website, you can write a blog post to share with your visitors the best ways to use a smartwatch.
Somewhere within the blog post (perhaps at the middle, top, or at bottom), if your users can find a section or block that says “Recommended products” or “You may like to buy” with a list of some of the smartwatches that you sell, it will be most likely that your users may buy those products from you.
All you need to do is ask your website developer to integrate this feature for you. This small adjustment on your e-commerce store can help you to increase your sales.
#2 Show videos
Another best & creative way to leverage your e-commerce blog is to showcase videos for each post. Through these videos, you can demonstrate the benefits & usage of your products.
While it’s true that an image says a thousand words but a video can say a million words. You can take advantage of your e-commerce blog and write posts about the usage of your products.
Additionally, along with each video, when you embed the link to buy that product, it’s likely for the users to click them and place their orders.
#3 Focus on SEO
One of the primary objectives to build any e-commerce website is to attract the target audience & get more sales & revenue out of it. And when we talk about getting relevant traffic on any website, SEO (search engine optimization) is perhaps one of the most efficient yet affordable mediums.
Therefore, you must ensure that you write only SEO-friendly blog posts.
Below are some of the ways to write SEO-oriented blog posts:
- Use the relevant keywords in your blog post but don’t overuse them.
- Interlink the blog posts with each other so that it’s easier for search engine crawlers to index a maximum number of pages.
- Share your blog posts on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Ensure to have header tags (h1, h2, h3, etc.) on your blog posts. You can seek the assistance of your web developer to make sure that these header tags are in place.
- Write a unique title & meta description of each blog post.
- Don’t write short stories. Try to write at least 800 words for each blog post.
Follow the above SEO tips for a few weeks and you will see the results in terms of more traffic & sales for your e-commerce website.
#4 Create FAQ
Another creative way to leverage your e-commerce blog is to write a post with frequently asked questions raised by your potential buyers.
How can FAQ help your e-commerce blog?
- Your potential buyers can view the blog and resolve their queries themselves.
- Your blog post will have higher chances to get ranked on search engines because it will have the questions that users commonly search for.
- You don’t have to put your time to reply to your customers’ queries because they can always refer to those ‘frequently asked questions’ posts.
- The FAQ blog post will also help your blog to get a high user-engagement rate.
How should you write & update your FAQ page?
You must keep adding the new queries that you get from your new customers so that your FAQ list is always up-to-date.
#5 Use social media
Just adding the posts to your blog won’t help you much. You also need to spread your word. And social media platforms are perhaps the most effective ways to syndicate the content of your e-commerce blog.
You can ask your website developer to add a social sharing widget to your blog so that each blog post shows an option for your users to share your content with their friends, colleagues and family.
The more social sharing you have for your blog posts, the more traffic you will get to your website.
Additionally, social sharing can also help your e-commerce blog & website to rank higher on search engines.
#6 Use your blog link in email signature
To get more traffic to your blog, you can add your blog link to your email signature.
This is one of the effective yet cost-effective ways to let your customers know about your blog.
All you need to do is, just add your blog link in your email signature.